Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Invention of Lying

So last night I watched The Invention of Lying with Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner in it. I really didnt think much of this movie. I mean the jokes are funny and all but the whole story is a lil weird.

 Everyone in the world has to tell the truth. Theres no such thing as lying. Ricky Gervais is this guy who is a loser on every scale and everything in his life is going wrong but due to something snapping in his brain he gets the ability to lie. He basically gets rich and famous by lying to people but hedoesnt get the girl he wants till the end. or heres a much better rundown haha:


I mean its a creative storyline n all but it was just a lil too dumb for me u know. I think it they didnt switch around so much with the montages n the all the bashing and took more time for the story itself it wouldve flowed better.
I mean it was an ok movie but I dont think id go run out n buy the DVD anytime soon. Its kinda funny but not THAT funny.


2 comments:

Gun Man said...

I thought it was pretty good. It had a pretty tight cast as well. I wasn't expecting much and I got more :D

Unknown said...

Eh. I didnt like it. I agree the cast was good though. They had some pretty big names.