Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Thousand Splendid Suns

 So this weekend was a pretty good one. Nathan and I stayed at Grandma n Grandpas. We had a pretty fun time. We watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, which is an AMAZING movie. Id seen it before but my grandparents hadnt. They really liked it.

I also gt a chance to finish A Thousand Splendid Suns. That book was pretty intense. It was amazing and intense. Its basically about these 2 afghan women who go through stuff throughout the period of war etc in afghan history. I mean this one girl got married off at  15 to a 40-50 yr old man! If you ever wanted to know what those women could have go through then you need to read this book. Its sad and happy all at the same time. The author Hosseini is a master of his craft. I loved his book The Kite Runner too. All in all this is an amazing book and you prolly should go and read it. Once I got started I couldnt put it down.  I hear theyre making a movie of it now too.

But to recap the weekend: here are a few pics. Mostly of Mo. Hes so cute even though he needs a haircut :)

Mo saddling up for the ride


hanging out the window!

Hes so happy!!


On the lookout for cows, horses, etc


sleepy eyes


sittin with dad


hanging with mamaw

1 comments:

Unknown said...

well thank you aristiono! Im glad you like it
:)