Sunday, July 25, 2010

Clash of the Titans

Oh how I loved this movie. I think its mostly because I have a love for classical mythology but hey.

Things I liked about this movie:
  • The effects were amazing (makeup and computer)
  • Sam Worthington. Hes pretty amazing, all the time
  • The fight scenes were pretty good
  • The array of characters(mythical beasts, people, Gods etc.
  • The storyline. Man vs. the Gods
Things I didn't like about this movie:
  • mythical inaccuracy. I know it sounds like an oxymoron. (an ACCURATE Myth?!) but this movie varies A LOT from the story of Perseus from Greek myths. Yes he slayed Medusa, yada yada yada but a lot of the stuff was kinda stretched. But what can you expect ay?
  • creature inaccuracy: For example, Medusa was NOT a snake totally. She was a Gorgon not a Titan. And she was a woman with SNAKES FOR HAIR. not the whole body of a snake, the head of a girl and hair of snakes. Jeez people.
  • The same girl who plays Io in this plays the princess/queen in Prince of Persia.

All this aside it was a pretty good movie. I give it a good rating nevertheless. Hollywood will never keep stories straight; its their way.

 Check it out on Amazon.com:
 

2 comments:

Gunnar said...

I didnt like it too much when I saw it in theaters. It was so different than everything that I said screw this and proceeded to make fun of this movie with Chris. He didnt like it either. I knew it was gonna suck and it did. Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson only stopped it from getting extremely horrible.

Unknown said...

It was alot different but hey, thats kinda to be expected.
yeah theyre both really good actors. period.
I didnt think it was that bad though, all things considered.