Monday, August 9, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Sweet & Savory Apricot Chicken

Recipe of the Week!

Sweet & Savory Apricot Chicken

Prep Time: 5 min  Cook time: 12 - 15 min

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
1/2 cup apricot preserves
2 tsp. Dijon - style mustard
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. vinegar
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in small bowl; mix well.

2. Grill chicken 5 inches from heat for 12 - 15 mins or until fully cooked, turning once and brushing frequently with prepared sauce.

3 Discard sauce after cooking



( Recipe taken from All You magazine Aug 2010)

Ok basically I'm going to start this recipe of the week thing. Its basically me finding a recipe somewhere, making it, and giving my 2 cents on it. Also, to spice things up. haha. My Dad will say what he thinks about it. For all of you who know my Dad, you know he hates so called "off the wall stuff" but hes also a VERY good cook. So this should be interesting...

My 2 Cents: This was REALLLYYY good. The combination of the sweet honey n herb glaze PLUS the grilled taste. AMAZING! Plus you can amp up the spices if you want. This is definitely melt in your mouth good. This is definitely one of my new favorite grilling recipes


The Critic (AKA my Dad): I thought it was really really good. It was easy to make and had a really good even flavor to it. It wasnt strong or super sweet on anything. It surprised me. My only recommendation is to double the amount of sauce that the recipe calls for.

0 comments: