Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spartacus: Drama and Sex

So yesterday I finally got a chance to check out the show Spartacus: Blood and Sand on Netflix.

Let me just say, it OOOOOOZZZZZEEESSSS drama. I mean, its probably the most DRAMATIC show I've ever seen, and that's saying something. haha.
It wasn't just like, the man going off to war n leaving his wife drama, it was the fighting and stuff too, TONS of slow mo & whatnot.

Also, I didn't expect it to be so... rated R. ha. I mean. If it were me, I'd rate that puppy a lil more than an R. SERIOUSLY. I mean, what are the rating requirements again? I'm pretty sure repeated full on nudity isn't supposed to be just an R.

Guys, It's not the violence and gore that bothers me (its a movie about Gladiators, what did you expect people?), but its the whole "lets show naked women and sex scenes over and over so they get the picture that the Romans loved all that stuff", that's what annoys me. It was literally 5 mins into it when they had the first sex scene.
Yeah.
I know, I know, Romans really were like that sometimes with their "parties" and whatnot. I get that, I do, but come on people, do we really need to SEE that with our eyes. I mean, I feel fine acknowledging the fact and moving on.

Call me a prude, but I definitely did not approve of all that nonsense.

*Yes I acknowledge the fact that they did have a warning when the episode first started about adult content, I just didn't know how "adult" it was.


0 comments: