Sunday, June 5, 2011

Book Review: Breath of Angel


Breath of Angel
by Karen Henley

The stranger’s cloak had fallen back, and with it, a long, white, blood-stained wing.
When Melaia, a young priestess, witnesses the gruesome murder of a stranger in the temple courtyard, age-old legends recited in song suddenly come to life. She discovers wings on the stranger, and the murderer takes the shape of both a hawk and a man.

Angels. Shape-shifters. Myths and stories—until now.

Melaia finds herself in the middle of a blood feud between two immortal brothers who destroyed the stairway to heaven, stranding angels in the earthly realm. When Melaia becomes a target, she finds refuge with a band of angels attempting to restore the stairway. But the restoration is impossible without settling an ancient debt—the “breath of angel, blood of man,” a payment that involves Melaia’s heart, soul, and destiny.

First off, I thought that this book was really good! I was a little skeptical at first - I was expecting this to be another one of those vampiresque fantasy books that seem to be flying off the shelves these days. It's nothing like those! This isn't your typical fantasy book. I could not put it down once I got started. I kept wanting to read and read to see what happened next! The storyline and the characters were great. Melaia coming from her humble beginnings as a priestess to settling in her destiny. I really liked the mythical creatures as well-draks, birds with human hands. Not only is it a great story, but it also leaves you with a few things to think about. You learn Melaia's lessons about friendship and trust along with her.
Not only does this book entertain, but it inspires as well.

Visit The Website to learn more!

4 Stars!




*I recieved an advance reading copy of this book through the Blogging for Books program. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this review.

1 comments:

Prescott said...

Hello! I like your review! I rated it on the publisher website, and I was wondering if you could rate my review in return? http://www.waterbrookmultnomah.com/bloggingforbooks/reviews/view/4449